Saturday, October 30, 2010

Testing PS3 Backwards Compatibility

So, I decided to see how many of my PS2 games actually worked on my PS3 80GB MotorStorm Edition Console. Obviously, I did not go through my whole PS2 library as I am simply too lazy to do so. The games that did not work or had problems with so far include:

DJ Hero (Game does not load. Turntable controller seems to work though. Able to navigate through XMB menu)
Guitar Hero 1-3 and World Tour (All load normally, some parts appear laggy/glitchy. The strum on the guitar controller does not work, so I am unable to to move up and down in the menu, however this could just be due to my adapter plug)
Dance Dance Revolution (Games load normally. Dancemat is not responsive, only top and bottom arrows respond, while both left and right do not work, but this problem could also be due to my adapter plug)

 I stopped after this. All my other PS2 games such as my Final Fantasy titles and Resident Evil titles worked fine. Surprisingly, my EyeToy camera and the games for it worked as well. Overall, I guess I am satisfied with the partial backwards compatibility. I'll slowly update this list over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment