Sunday, October 10, 2010

Frustration Is The Only Emotion I Feel Right Now

  You might be asking why I posted a blog with such a title. No, it's not because I have midterms coming up or relationship problems, but actually has to do with a dear friend named eBay. Just a heads up, this story of mines is quite long. So I have been arguing and complaining to eBay customer support for the past 4-5 weeks now about my case. The case I speak of occurred on Sept. 11, which I had won an auction for a PS3 80gb system for $190. I was ecstatic and overwhelmed by joy that I had now owned a PS3. So I immediately payed the amount via Paypal. About an hour later I receive a email back from the seller saying that he is having issues with his Paypal, so he refunded me and asked me to send the money to his other Paypal account. I was a little suspicious at first, but the seller sounded sincere in the email, so I did as he said. The seller said he had shipped the package via USPS Parcel Post, so it should not take longer than two weeks. Two weeks go by and I still have not received my package. Being worried, I emailed the seller multiple times of my concerns. The seller never responded to any of messages. It was only after this I decided to open a case on eBay about not receiving my item. Unfortunately, after the seller gave my refund, eBay did not allow me to open a case due to the fact that the auction did not record as completed/paid for. I was now forced to use the eBay Live Chat support. After waiting over an hour, I finally got to speak to eBay support. The person I spoke to was courteous, but did not help at all and directed me to send a email stating my problem to resolve@ebay.com. Annoyed, I sent the email and finally received a reply after 5 days. The replied email talked about how I could pay for my eBay fees and invoices. I'm talking about how to get my money back, and instead of addressing the problem, they reply saying how I can pay them the fees. I was confused and angry by the response and replied back saying the information given to me was of no use, nor did it pertain to the issue at hand. I clearly stated my problem was not receiving an item and exactly what happened in the whole process. Ebay replied back again, this time in 3 days, and yet again they resent me the same information. All I have to say is screw eBay customer support and that eBay buyer protection. I'm sure they have helped many others, but in my case, they did not. I'm very pessimistic about this whole thing and don't think I'm going to get my money back. Dropping eBay completely for help, I opened a case on Paypal and informed them of my problem. The case is now being investigated, so I'll see how that goes. I guess I was ignorant for believing that there are still honest people out there selling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment